Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jesusmas

Here it is. That time of year that I love and hate. I love the thought of Christ coming to earth for me, my family, my friends and so many I don't know; I hate that Jesus has been removed from the thoughts of so many that know why it's called Christmas. I love teaching my kids to give freely and receive gifts humbly; I hate the frenzy surrounding the idea of giving gifts and why we even give gifts at all. I love that many are so joyous this time of year, even with the cold and busy schedules; I hate that so many are alone in their world, even with so called friends and family. I love having a redeemer that makes me right before God; I hate sin, especially when it's sin that has stared me in the face before.

Blessed be the Name that when it is all said and done, the rich and poor, the strong and the weak, the healthy and lame, saved and lost, will all bow down too. Happy Jesusmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment