Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Texting the Word

Recently I received a text from a friend asking for prayer. I typed back "sure, what's up?" The reply was simply that the person felt far from God. A piece of scripture instantly came to mind. James 4:8 reads "Draw near to God and He will Draw near to you." So I texted this right back to my friend and immediately prayed. Later they let me know how the word had brought them out of despair, and gave them new strength to face the world yet again.

I say this in light of this morning I was having me time and not God time. I was trying to plan my day and do what I wanted and solve all the problems myself. Then out of the blue a friend texted me a piece of scripture. This brought me down and humbled me and opened my eyes.

As we read in John 1, the word was, is, and always will be God's way of speaking to us. I need to listen more often. It is the manual for life. Lets all get into it and follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment