Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Plans

The year is drawing to an end, and for me, every minute is planned out for the next 52 hours or so. But that's okay, because actually my eternity is as well. I'm headed to the fire station in the morning, I think, and there I have my sequence of duties with a few emergency calls thrown in just to complicate things. Then I'll come home, I think, and listen to the events and stories that collected during the 24 hours I was gone. Then we'll prepare for a New Years party, I think, with many of Alan and Amy's friends and their families coming over, if that occurs.

You see, I shouldn't worry about the next few hours or days or years, because God has me in His hand. He's taking me where He needs me to be for His good. He's taking you where you need to be also. We are not to worry about what we have planned for the next day because we are so far out of control for tomorrow's events that only God knows what will happen.

That is not to say we aren't to work or plan or develop strategies for our families and jobs. We are, but realize, that God's plans aren't ours. Isaiah quotes God when He said "I am God, and there is no other; I am God and there is none like me." We don't think like God and nor can we, no matter how close we are to Him. We know from scripture that His ways are incomprehensible to us and that needs to be okay. Is everything going my way right now? No. Is everything "hunky dory?" Yeah, because it's what God has for me. I, and you, are only here for a little while. Let's get busy, love what we're doing, be content with where God has us, and love God and all His creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment